• February 23

• December 12

• October 9

Boys Volleyball

Photo courtesy of Rickell Woods.

Rickell Woods

Photo courtesy of Rickell Woods.

Rickell Woods, Staff Writer

The boys volleyball at Jefferson High School is amazing. They’re so full of support and kindness towards each other on the team and the community. I really enjoyed interviewing some them. I have faith that they will be great on the court and in the  community.

PARKER NELSON

Parker is freshman at Jefferson high school who plays on the varsity volleyball team. He is number 6 on the court. He’s been playing for 5 years competitively. He was introduced to volleyball by his family at a young age and has been playing ever since. His favorite position is the libero (defensive specialist). Parker loves his team because they’re so encouraging. Before every game Parker prays and meditates to get focused. We will be seeing him all through his high school career on the court getting better and better.

ANTHONY MUNOZ

Anthony is a freshman at Jefferson High School who plays on the JV volleyball team as number 17. This is Anthony’s 1st year playing ever. He got inspired to play because of his older brother. Anthony’s favorite position is middle, he likes to block and guard. He really love playing with my teammates. “Teammates are like family.” Before a game he zones everyone out and just think about playing volleyball.  He will be playing all throughout high school achieving his goals and becoming the best. “I became in love with it”.

RAYMUNDO PINEDO

Raymundo is freshman volleyball player. He just start playing this year and he’s already in love with it. He  plans to play all the throughout high school. He is player number 22. He is best at setting the ball for some to spike it. He loves it so much because it’s a team sport and he’s really good with working with other people. Before every game he prays to have a fun and safe time.

ALEJANDRO VEGA

Alejandro has been playing volleyball since the 7th grade and doesn’t plan on quitting anytime soon. He’s really in love with the sport. He plays as number 20. His favorite position is middle back because you get the most playing time. He likes volleyball because he can make lots of new friends. “We win some we lose some, but at the end of the day all that matters is we are having fun.” To get prepared for the game he does warm ups to stretch out all of his muscles.

EDWIN GOROSTIETA

Edwin has been playing volleyball for a little bit under a year. Edwin began to play because he wanted something to do after school and seen volleyball open gym and he wanted to give it a try. He ended up having the time if his life.  He plans to play all through high school. “I fell in love with it”. Edwin is number 23. Edwin enjoys playing middle back because it’s fun and it challenges him. 

MUHAMMAD RAYAN

This is Muhammad’s first year playing volleyball. He says he was also very motivated by his friends to give it a try. Turns out he’s pretty good at it.  I asked him if he would play every year and before I could finish the sentence he said “Yes, I love it!” Muhammad is number #4. His favorite position is DS (Defensive Specialist) because he is very active and has a lot of energy and potential to pass the ball.

AXEL GONZALES

Axel started his volleyball career on March 8, 2016. He is loving his 1st year and he plans to play all thru high school. His friends Carmen, Edwin, and Alejandro motivated  him into playing volleyball, and turns out he really talented at it. He is number 3. He has as much love for volleyball as he does for the famous singer Ariana Grande. Before every game he prays for a safe and fun game.
These are some boys you need to keep your eyes open for. They are all so full of potential and kindness. There’s no doubt they will be going far in life. I’m very proud to call them my friends. Congratulations on your great season this far boys, bring home more wins!