• February 23

• December 12

• October 9

JHS Talent Show

Yasmin Carrillo, Staff Writer

The annual Jefferson High School talent show was held this past Wednesday April 13. This year, there were a variety of singers. This ranged from solo’s, duets, a band, and singers accompanied by a piano. There was also a student that performed stand up comedy and beatboxing. During the intermission there was a small skit performed by Mario Escamilla, in which he tried to escape from a chair.

The first performer was Lizzy Rivas. She sang “Warrior” by Demi Lovato. After her, Colton Schwch and Mariana Bryant, performed and original piece. Then Matt Martinez, demonstrated his talent of beatboxing. Nele Warner sang “Stay” by Rhianna while playing the piano. The intermission began and Mario performed his skit. After the intermission, the next performers “The Band” to set up their instruments for the song that they were going to perform, “Blvd of Broken Dreams” by Green Day. Kristina Vong was up next and she performed “Let her go” by Passenger. Up next was Ashley Hernandez and Giselle, a duet performing “If I ain’t got you” by Alicia Keys. When Ashley and Giselle concluded their performance, a piano was brought up to the stage for Kristin Song. She played and sang Tori Kelly’s, “Hollow.” The closing performance was Marquam Dixon doing stand up comedy.

The three judges of Jefferson’s 2016 Talent Show were, Allyson Utech, English teacher at Jefferson and Drew Eurek, the husband of Mrs. Erin Eurek, she is the advisor of Jefferson’s National Honor Society and Math teacher. The third judge was a graduate of  Jefferson, Aliyah Ridings. At the end of the night third place was awarded to Ashley and Giselle. Second place was won by Kristin Song and first place went to Marquam Dixon.

The Talent show was planned and put together by the members of Jefferson’s National Honor Society. All the pro seats that were earned will be donated to Walter Lawson Childrens Home in Loves Park.

The Walter Lawson Childrens Home is a well designed residence for non-ambulatory individuals with severe and profound developmental disabilities. Their skilled staff serves as an extended family whose care, concern and attention provides a warm, homelike atmosphere.

Congratulations to the winners and  thank you all the people that attended the Talent Show to show their support to the performers and the National Honor Society members.