• February 23

• December 12

• October 9

The Homecoming Dance

A student's take on the Homecoming dance.

Kevin Morales, Staff Writer

As the many people from all grades and different schools made this year’s 2015 Homecoming Dance, one many will never forget. As many people came dressed to impress the emotions run high as memories are being made and as love is being shown. As our Homecoming D.J. was Mr. Jordan, he kept the party going by playing some of the hottest music available. The party couldn’t be completed without giving a huge round of applause to the 2015 homecoming royalty for their victory and by honoring the homecoming royalty contestants who didn’t make it to the homecoming court.
As many people danced the night away, the main part of the party was the hangout section where jokes were being shared and laughs were being screamed. The amount of people socializing during the dance was staggering. One student stated “I’m here for the food, drinks and to hangout and have a good time with my date and friends.”
Another student stated “It’s really boring and I’m going to just be on Snapchat and Instagram all night.” This started a controversy on whether the homecoming dance was entertaining or not. When people began to worry about their belongings being stolen or where they had left their items, many were forced to sit in front of the snack bar and sit with their belongings. One student suggested that there should be a place that was guarded to keep their belongings safe from thieves. Also, having more affordable snacks and letting the students know ahead of time to have money for the snacks and beverages was suggested.
In conclusion, the 2015 Homecoming Dance was a night that many will never forget. From all of us at the Jefferson Newspaper club we wish a happy life to this year’s Homecoming King, Queen, and all the students who attended the dance.