• February 23

• December 12

• October 9

Interviewed for the first time…

WREX interviews Jefferson students about Relay For Life.

Yasmin Carrillo, Staff Writer

On September 23rd Jefferson High School Relay For Life student event leads were interviewed by channel 13 WREX News. Alondra Torres, Lesly Herrera, Lisseth Manriquez, Lukas Clevenger, Jacob Fanis and Yasmin Carrillo were able to talk about their positions and duties before, during and after the Relay for Life event, which was held on September 19th at Jefferson High School. Alondra and Lesly were Sponsorship Chair, Lisseth was the Survivor Chair, Lukas ACS CAN Chair, Jacob was Social Media Chair and Yasmin was Logistics Chair.
For a first time interview, butterflies in our stomach, random laughs and appearance concerns were happening. The moment we heard the words ‘pre-recorded’ a weight was lifted from our shoulders. Also, when a question was asked and we didn’t know the answer Ms. Utech and Mrs. Frazer (the event leads) were there to help and support us.
WREX News showed our segment on the six and ten o’clock news that same day. For fifteen seconds: shoots of the school and a few words said by Yasmin Carrillo were showed. Even with such a short segment, we appreciate that WREX News came and interviewed the student leads behind the planning process of Jefferson’s Relay for Life.
Thank you to the Jefferson High School staff that were at the event, to the participants, the survivors, the caregivers, Relay For Life of Jefferson High School Sponsors, and to the hard-working volunteers and event Leads.